Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths
Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths takes a closer look at God’s Word and applies it to erroneous misinterpretations of the Bible that have resulted in a virtual shut-down of the church’s full-orbed mission in the world (Acts 20:27).
Due to these mistaken interpretations and applications of popular Bible texts to contemporary issues, the Christian faith is being thrown out and trampled under foot by men (Matt. 5:13).
Too many Christians believe that the Bible is irrelevant this side of heaven. While the homosexual community, which makes up about 1% of our population, exercises tremendous impact on our culture and laws, Christians, who make up about 35% of the population, have voluntarily abandoned the culture war, electing to hide the gospel under a bushel instead.
Our nation is in a crisis. The world is crying out for answers in the face of bewildering and seemingly unsolvable problems. Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths shows that the Bible has real answers to these problems—answers the church is currently ignoring.
Christianity’s failure to show itself practical in the past 150 years has guaranteed the success of secularism and militant Islam, both of which are doing incalculable harm at home and abroad. The rejection of any type of "this-worldly" application of the Bible has resulted in the proliferation of man-centered worldviews that have steadily drained the life out of our world and left behind a spiritual vacuum.
Will the church of Jesus Christ be prepared with biblical answers for the millions who will be ready to follow the light of the gospel as the folly of humanism and Islam is made manifest? (2 Tim. 3:9).
Now is the time to make the necessary theological preparations. It is my prayer that Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths will help in that task.
PART I: Christians and the World
1. “The World is Unimportant”
2. “Involvement in the World is Not ‘Spiritual’”
3. “The Bible is Only Concerned with Salvation”
PART II: Christians and Morality
4. “You Cannot Legislate Morality”
5. “Christians Should Remain Neutral”
6. “Jesus Was Not a Social Reformer”
7. “The Church Should Not be Involved in ‘Social Issues’”
PART III: Christians and Politics
8. “Politics is Dirty”
9. “Religion and Politics Do Not Mix”
10. “The Christian’s Citizenship is in Heaven”
11. “There is a Separation Between Church and State”
PART IV: Christians and the Kingdom
12. “God’s Kingdom is Not ‘Of This World’”
13. “God’s Kingdom has Not Come”
PART V: Christians and the Future
14. “We’re Living in the ‘Last Days’”
15. “It’s Never Right to Resist Authority”